Philosophy and Goals
Our curriculum is founded on five key principles and beliefs, which are grounded in theories and research in early childhood education and development.
- We believe that every child is an individual who has the right to expect commitment, love and respect. Each child regardless of social status, race, religion, or national origin, should be given the opportunity to thrive in a supportive and responsive multicultural environment that will foster his or her holistic development.
- We believe that every child is a competent and capable person, with innate abilities, unique talent, gifts and unlimited possibilities for change and growth that must be nurtured, encouraged, and developed to his or her fullest potential.
- We believe that early childhood education should foster holistic development, to serve as the foundation for intellectual growth and development.
- We believe that early childhood education should nurture life skills, and promote independent, life-long learners who have the positive dispositions, attitudes and feelings towards learning.
- We recognize and support the critical role parents play in the lives of their children by promoting meaningful and collaborative home-centre partnership.